Saturday Night Live Is Not Funny | Joe Rogan & Neal Brennan
Ubiquitous
2024-04-18 17:39:41 UTC
Neal Brennan is a stand-up comic, actor, writer, director, and host of the
podcast "Blocks." Catch his new special, "Neal Brennan: Crazy Good," on
Netflix.

Host: Joe Rogan

Producer: Jamie Vernon

Full Podcast here: https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk

Let's go Brandon!
Rhino
2024-04-20 02:24:13 UTC
On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:39:41 -0400
Post by Ubiquitous
Neal Brennan is a stand-up comic, actor, writer, director, and host
of the podcast "Blocks." Catch his new special, "Neal Brennan: Crazy
Good," on Netflix.
Host: Joe Rogan
Producer: Jamie Vernon
https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk
Like beauty, funny is in the eye of the beholder. I personally haven't
found SNL funny in many decades. The only bits I particularly liked
were when Eddie Murphy mocked Michael Jackson by pulling out a
Michael Jackson doll and noting that it was anatomically correct - it
had no genitals at all. Also, some of the musical performances in the
early days were good.

Somehow, SNL became a tradition and keeps getting renewed for no
obvious reason. Does it actually have good ratings or is it just kept
going because it is reliably leftist in its sentiments and tone?
Rhino
BTR1701
2024-04-20 02:39:05 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
The Weekend Update fake newscast is still usually funny, even if most of th
jokes are biased in favor of leftists. I particularly like the bit where Coli
Jost and Michael Che each have to read jokes they've never seen before whic
were written by the other guy. Those are genuinely laugh-out-loud hilarious.

But the rest of the show? I rarely crack and smile and the musical acts ar
usually horrendous. Most are some version of rap or hip hop. I'd rather liste
to five minutes of fingernails scratching a chalkboard than that.
trotsky
2024-04-20 12:07:05 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
The Weekend Update fake newscast is still usually funny, even if most of the
jokes are biased in favor of leftists.
Yeah, right wing guys tend to be about as funny as cancer. Humor is
highly subjective though so you seem extra stupid today acting like
you're the final arbiter of what's "funny."

I particularly like the bit where Colin
Jost and Michael Che each have to read jokes they've never seen before which
were written by the other guy. Those are genuinely laugh-out-loud hilarious.
But the rest of the show? I rarely crack and smile and the musical acts are
usually horrendous. Most are some version of rap or hip hop. I'd rather listen
to five minutes of fingernails scratching a chalkboard than that.